Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to book an appointment? Yes - I work on an appointment only basis.
Do you work with men? Yes, I don't discriminate on gender!
Do you take card payments? Yes - I use iZettle or PayPal to process card payments and accept all major credit and debit cards including American Express.
What happens if I can't make my appointment? Let me know...as soon as possible...so we can reschedule. Unfortunately I have had to implement a cancellation policy where appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice are liable for the full treatment fee. This may be waived in exceptional circumstances.
What if I'm running late? Again...let me know as soon as possible. Your treatment time may need to be reduced or we may have to reschedule the appointment depending on how late you'll be. The cancellation policy will apply.
How do I prepare for an aromatherapy treatment?
- Avoid alcohol for at least 12 hours before your appointment.
- Have something light to eat as massage isn't recommended on a completely empty stomach, but avoid a large meal.
- Ensure you leave at least 1 hour after vigorous exercise before your appointment.
- Remember to wear loose comfortable clothing that can easily be removed and put back on after your treatment.
- Bring a list of any medication you are currently taking.
- If your wear contact lenses & are having a face treatment remember to bring a case and solution with you, or wear your glasses.
- Ensure you have scheduled yourself time out to relax afterwards.
What should I do after my aromatherapy treatment?
- Book your next appointment! When this should be will depend upon your needs and preferences.
- Avoid sunbathing for 24 hours.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Aromatherapy massage can make you feel drowsy so it is important not to drive immediately after your treatment....go for a gentle walk in the beautiful grounds of Mount Edgcumbe & only drive when you feel safe to do so.
- Don't do any heavy lifting, gardening or vigorous exercise.
- Avoid having a bath or shower for at least 12 hours after the treatment to enable maximum absorption of the oils.
- You may feel a little 'tender' particularly if I have worked quite deeply in an area. This is perfectly normal and should subside with 24 - 48 hours.
© Earl’s Garden 2017